Car charger pros
Car Charger Pros has expertise in providing high quality products and high-quality customer service to residential, strata and commercial clients. Our company provides full service, cost and energy efficient car charging solutions in a quick, easy and professional manner.
We serve the Metro Vancouver area as well as the Fraser Valley; installing our EV charging stations in all of Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Coquitlam, Langley, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Mission, Abbotsford and Chilliwack.
We work closely with the BC Government, so we can be sure to provide our customers with the knowledge on how to get the most out of government offered electric vehicle incentive programs and guide our clients through the entire process of saving up to 75% on their car charging investment.
$850.00 - Basic Model
$950.00 - Smart Model
Incentives & Rebates
Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $350 per approved charging station.
Condos, apartments and workplaces need to be pre-approved for a rebate. This includes building owners, managers, strata councils, B.C.-registered companies, or other building representatives who are responsible for an eligible condo, apartment, workplace, or building in B.C. Once pre-approved for an incentive, applicants must purchase and install eligible EV charging equipment, and complete applications within four months or by March 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
The installation must be done by a certified electrician. Consider working with an electrician who has completed the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The incentive is open to B.C. residents. Owners of multiple properties may apply but will need to show proof of title.
To be considered eligible under this Program, a home must:
- Be located in British Columbia;
- Be a single-family, duplex, or townhouse with private garages;
- Be at least 6 months old. This incentive is intended for retrofit solutions only, new builds are ineligible; and
- Have dedicated parking for residents.
The following documentation must be provided at the time of application:
To apply for pre-approval, the applicant must provide:
- Quote of work
- Proof of approval form
- Business license, strata status or non-profit status
- Contractor consultation form
Eligible costs include:
- Purchasing the charging station
- Labour and construction costs for installation of the charging station and associated conduit
- Site assessments including analysis of electrical capacity, review of panel capacity and infrastructure, and identification of design options
- Electrical and related permits
- Parking and electrical design required by the charging stations and conduit
- EV parking signage
Ineligible Costs include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of non-EV charging infrastructure
- Painting of parking area
- Painting of parking area
- Monthly or annual subscription fees associated with the charging station
- Taxes paid on charging station, labour, etc
- Charging infrastructure already required under regulation, building codes, or
CHARGING STATION REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for the incentive, the charging station must;
- Purchased in B.C. and not leased
- Approved for sale and use in Canada and have cUL, cETL, and CSA certifications
- A Level 2 charger, 208 volt or 240 volt, with a standard “J plug” (J1772)
- A permanent installation
- Networked: connected to a central system via Internet communication such as open protocol (e.g. OCPP, OpenADR or other) or a proprietary system
If the EV charger rebate program incentive is combined with any other incentive, it will be capped so that the total incentives do not exceed the total cost of the equipment and installation. Note: the EV charger rebate program cannot be combined with incentives from ZAPBC.